1. Best run ever: So hard to nail down one really…but I would have to say the Marine Corps Marathon last year. Mentally I just felt like I was in the game, the weather was perfect, and there was just so much to look at to keep me distracted. Plus you know, a PR doesn’t hurt either.
2. Three words that describe my running: Heart pumping, stress relieving, empowering. Kristin said it best…
3. My go-to running outfit is: My Old Navy compression shorts from their Active clothing line, a dri fit top and brightly colored Asics Gel Lytes.
4. Quirky habit while running: Stopping to take pics of the sunrise/sunset. It’s a must. I promise you it will make you run faster.
5. Morning, midday, evening: Morning for sure…
6. I won’t run outside when it’s: A lightening storm…otherwise you can find me outside pretty much any other time of day. If it’s too dark I like to bring along friends for safety 🙂
7. Worst injury—and how I got over it: Pulled muscle in my hip flexor area a few months ago…how I got over it? A lot of REST…laying off of the running for a while, and cross training – spin classes, elliptical, and core exercises. Oh God bless you cross training, I don’t know what I would do without you.
8. I felt most like a badass mother runner when: Ran back to back half marathons earlier this year at the New Year’s Double…both in under 2 hours. Day 1 was a PR and an age group win. Definitely felt like a bad mama jama.
9. Next race is: Round 2 of the Marine Corps Marathon October 28th. Bring it on!!
10. Potential running goal for 2013: To do a LOT more shorter distance races, and focus on getting stronger, fitter and faster. Also want to focus more on teaching group fitness classes. I just started teaching spin and I have to say that I absolutely LOVE it!
What do you love the most about running? Do you have a running and/or workout goal would you like to accomplish in 2013?