8 miles before 8 am with my early bird running crew this morning. We threw in a few speedy strides for good measure. This morning was perfect shorts/tank top weather…60s with a light breeze. It’s truly starting to feel like spring around here.
So my favorite thing to do post run is to grab an ice cold smoothie. Not only are they so simple to make, if you have a personal size/travel blender you can literally take it and go. It’s a win win situation.
Here are some of my favorite smoothies for running recovery!
1. Spinach, almond milk, & banana. I like to call it the ‘green goddess’. Typically I will use Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla for this one. Plus…according to Runner’s Word spinach boosts strength & running performance so I am all in.
2. The ‘runner’s pina colada’. This one is great, preferably if you can sip it while you kick back in a hammock. Frozen pineapples, coconut milk, bananas & a little bit of vanilla protein. Awesome.
3. Kale and strawberry. Kale is also another great superfood/power leafy green and combined with strawberries it’s perfection.
4. Blueberry pineapple passion. Blueberries are a great antioxidant fix and I love the blend with pineapples, banana and milk of your choice. I prefer this one with coconut almond milk.
What are some of your favorite post workout smoothie concoctions?
13 thoughts on “8 Miles and 4 Post Run Smoothies for Running Recovery.”
Protein pina colada is genius. Definitely making that this summer.
Yes the runner’s pina colada w/ a little protein is phenomenal!
Yum! I love me some smoothies!
My latest favs are
1. power greens, almond milk, raspberries and a scoop of my fav vanilla protein powder
2. power greens, banana, almond milk, PB2 and vanilla protein powder!
I will have to try that pina colada one! Looks fantastic!
Raspberries w/ the greens sounds good too!
I’m not a workout girl but I love those smoothies, also want to try this green one, looks delicious.
Congratulations for the vibe of your blog, I’m loving!!!
“Aka Rauny (@akarauny), social media manager
Yep the green goddess is fantastic!
Ooh smoooothies. I prefer smoothie bowls but those smoothies look so good!! Piña colada? YUM!
I was just thinking about smoothie bowls! I need to partake in some of that too, soon!
Coffee, vanilla protein powder, banana, ice, coconut almond milk. 👌🏼 pina colada sounds like something I need in my life!
Mmm coffee smoothie sounds right up my alley!
Those look delicious… 🙂 I love the acai bowls because it makes me feel like I am eating something too. I usually drink a protein shake in the mornings but I need to try the pina colada one for sure 🙂
I loooove me some acai!!!