So I don’t know about you, but down in Texas it is that time of year where it is getting warm and muggy especially in the afternoons. Since I’ve grown up here I’m basically used to the intense humidity in the spring and summertime. And of course with running, the best way to avoid training in the thick of it is to run in the early mornings! The humidity for the most part is the same but it is definitely cooler in the earlier parts of the day.
And along with humidity comes the rain! April showers bring May flowers or something like that. Well, in Texas it’s more like April showers bring some more May rainstorms! Gotta love the rain. Here are 5 reasons you should not skip your run if you see those little droplets outside.
1. Running in the rain can be peaceful. There is something so liberating to me about running in the rain. Some days you just need those days to zen out on those rainy runs.
2. What happens when you run in the rain? You get wet. Big deal. Nuff said.
3. It makes you stronger mentally when facing such conditions…and preps you for cases like racing in the rain. Sure, racing in the rain is not ideal but at least you will be ready in the scenario that it happens. And yes, you can do speed workouts in the rain. Mind over matter. Man up.
4. It cleans your muddy running shoes! CAN I GET AN AMEN?
5. Splashing in the puddles can be fun. Makes you feel like a kid again.
What are some reasons you enjoy (or don’t enjoy…I don’t discriminate let it all out) running in the rain?