Hey ya’ll! Yes I said ya’ll…hey I’m from Texas just go with it. Today I’ve got some quick and easy runner foods that are perfect for the summer months! These foods I make sure to keep in my rotation especially in the thick of training. Here are some of my favorites in random order.
1. Cherries- They are oh so perfect during this season, and the best for if you need a light snack in between meals. Both sweet and tart cherries have been known to have high levels of heart healthy antioxidants. So eat up!
2. Really these are good for anytime but I try to make sure that I always have some raw almonds on hand. I actually prefer the raw ones over roasted/salted because for some reason I just like the plain flavor of them. But they are loaded with vitamins that help to strengthen your bones. I like to grab a handful of these especially before a workout.
3. Watermelon- of course you’ve gotta love having this summer fruit around. It’s just so darn good in the summertime and very hydrating. Awesome post workout snack! Especially when it’s ice cold.
4. Zucchini- Perfect in cold salads or cut up to resemble noodles (or zoodles) this can be great for lunch or dinner time. Make zucchini boats for a filling happy post run meal.
5. Edamame- Apparently summertime is the perfect season for this delicious snack. Sprinkle some kosher/sea salt on there and go to town.
What are some of your favorite foods in the summer months?
4 thoughts on “5 Summer Foods for Runners.”
All of your summer foods are so healthy! Haha I do like watermelon for the summer. Great for hydration!
Light and easy for summer is the way to go! 🙂