So for those of you that may get a bit of sass from friends and family regarding why you run so much…well I’ve got the best blog post just for you! I came across this topic online and decided it would be fun to write about it because it is something we all deal with from time to time! So, here are a few light hearted, fun ways you can explain your addiction to your non-running buds. In no particular order.
1. Because races are like BIG PARTIES…except usually they are early in the morning, you drink electrolytes and water on the course instead of cocktails, and you likely get a medal off some sort at the end for doing it. Oh, and then sometimes there is music on the course to dance to. So, who wouldn’t love that?
2. I do it for endorphins…which is also like a party drug. Except it lasts much longer and just a little better for you…in the long run. Pun intended.
3. Contrary to popular belief, it does not “mess up my knees”. I am very thankful that I have strong ones.
4. Because you don’t, and someone’s gotta do it.
5. Running makes me feel young, lively and free. And I actually have a lot of running friends who are in their 50s and 60s and that look not a day over 40. That in itself is incredible to me. Hashtag goals.
6. So, I guess you could call it a youth pill.
7. Because it is the best way to make friends that like to get up at the crack of dawn and run in the dark with me. It’s called a win win situation.
8. Which brings me back to endorphins and the “runner’s high”. Purely magical.
9. I also think the runner’s high is all natural, organic. And probably gluten free.
10. Because I love it. And that is all you need to know.
What are some ways to explain “why you run” to your non running friends?